As I sit knee deep in crap of one sort or another, my drastically pared belongings are, at least spiritually, wending themselves to California on their own path (actually, the truck doesn’t leave until next Wednesday, but already with the shipper.)
I leave in about 12 hours. I’ve still got a few hours of errands to do, but I’m confident they will get done.
Around 2pm, I’ll be leaving.
Here is my rough itinerary, watch this space for trip updates, pictures (ooh!) and, if you are lucky, witty meanderings.
Each line is about a day, each (s) signifies a sleep stop:
- Westport, MA -> Chesterfield, MA (138) (s)
- Chesterfield -> Niagara Falls, Ontario (369) (s)
- Niagara Falls, Ontario -> Alma, MI (s) (334) Visit Aunt Gwyneth and Uncle Wally
- Alma, MI -> Springfield, IL (441)
- Springfield -> Kansas City (341)
- Kansas City->Denver (600) (ooh that’s a long one)
- Denver->Colorado Springs, west to Monrtrose (300)
- -slow the pace, explore, visit friends-
- Montrose -> the Million Dollar Highway to Durango -> (106)
- Durango to Cortez (Mesa Verde +Canyons of the Ancients nm) (50) -> Cortez to Aztec, NM (s)(82)
- Aztec Ruins nat mon -> (Petrified Forest – (s) Holbrook, AZ (232)
- Lillith & Jonathan Visit (40 mi south of Holbrook) (s) (stop 1 day)
- -end vacation-
- (2710 miles so far!) then either:
- Petrified Forest -> Grand Canyon (250)** -> Los Angeles (500) or
- Petrified Forest -> Las Vegas (340 ) -> Los Angeles (270) or
- Petrified Forest -> Los Angeles, CA (550)**
** what do you think?